The Redmond Community Concert Association (RCCA) presents quality live entertainment to Central Oregon audiences.
- Continuing to offer a variety of performances to subscribers at an affordable cost since 1984
- Providing enrichment to Redmond area students through our Outreach Program
- Encouraging talented and motivated youth through our music scholarships
- Pledging our commitment to community connections and partnerships
In December of 1983, three prominent Redmond citizens, W.E. (Bill) Jaqua, Barbara Rich, and Jane Schroeder joined forces to bring musical culture to Central Oregon utilizing the Columbia Artists Community Concert concept. CAMI, as it was known, helped local associations bring quality talent to small communities.
The first concert season was in 1984-85 when three concerts were presented to an audience of about 250. Over the past three decades, RCCA has continually grown to reach an audience of over 1,200 each season – most of whom are loyal subscribers who renew year after year. They enjoy the high quality and diversity of the concerts and appreciate the affordability. Although based in Redmond, a significant number of concert-goers comes from Bend, Sisters, Madras, Prineville, and beyond.
From its inception, RCCA has operated as an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization. In 1988, RCCA obtained a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, which means donations to RCCA are generally tax deductible.
RCCA contracts with its artists to perform educational outreach programs to students in the Redmond School District. The programs are rotated among all the local schools to culturally enrich about 2,000 students each year. Outreaches consist of mini-concerts to the lower grades and master’s classes to the upper grades.
The Redmond Community Concert Association (RCCA) is pleased to award up to two (2) $2,000 scholarships to Redmond school senior students who plan to pursue their interests in the performing arts.
Selections will be made by a review of the completed applications, high school transcripts, performance samples, and personal interviews of finalists following the submission deadline.
Please contact your school for details, dates and applications.
RCCA’s board members plus volunteers – numbering over 50 — work tirelessly to present quality live entertainment. They assist at concerts and behind the scenes throughout the year working on 20 separate committees. They handle everything from subscriptions, bookings, marketing, advertising, operations, hospitality, and much more. It would not be possible to keep ticket prices so affordable without our team of dedicated volunteers.
Board of Directors
- Jay Jantzen, President
- Diana Barker, VP – Board Development Committee chair
- Open, VP – emphasis on Outreach
- Sonya McLaughlin, Secretary
- Mark Merriman, Treasurer
- Marketing – Open
- Alyce Jantzen and Jeannie Wiggins, Co-Subscription Chairs
- Craig Unger, Honorary Member
- Jay Jantzen, Operations Manager
- Linda Jones, Booking Director
- Karen Danielson
- Susan Fitch
- Geri Gunderson, Honorary Member (Deceased)
- Linda Hill – Data Manager
- Yvonne Johnson
- Ken Piarulli
- Debbie Royse
- Larry Smith
- Lynne Zuckerman